Monday, January 19, 2009

TALL TALES FROM FROSTBITE FALLS



(Revolutionary War graveyard in Grafton Vt.)

I have just been informed by my friend from Turkey, Mel Chiftchi, that I was named businessman of the year, with numerous awards to follow. Here is the link you must check out---

http://www.themessagegroup.com.au/last-nights-news.php?title=20090118-BEN-WITHERINGTON_create.html


http://www.themessagegroup.com.au/last-nights-news.php?title=20090118-BEN-WITHERINGTON_create.html

I should have seen this coming since I was once named businessman of the year in Kentucky for running my coffee shop Solomon's Porch into debt. Turned out that Senator Tom Delay (later censured), had gotten me this award and invited me to the White House in order to ask me to make donations to his campaigns and the Republican National Committee. I didn't go, as it was a scam. But I am sure my Turkish friend Mel must have better information on me that Senator Delay, so watch this video without delay! BW3

5 comments:

Alan S. said...

Was this part of your tongue-in-cheek? Tom Delay was never a senator - he was Speaker of the House - and he was never censured.

Ben Witherington said...

You're right--- he was a Congressman, but censured he was!

BW3

Alan S. said...

Depends of one's perspective - censured by the ethics panel, but never by the entire House.

Ben Witherington said...

I would think that if you managed to be censured by an ethics panel for shady financial conduct, and you are both a devout Christian and a public figure, you need to repent, and go hang your head in shame.

BW3

Daily said...

very funny. Seems like we all could have a bit of business acumen in us.